Friday, June 27, 2014

Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell (1981)


Here's Depeche Mode's first LP. Not sure if this is a famous-ass record that anyone who knows anything has heard a million times, but I heard it for the first time like a month ago, so I'm still all about it. It's perfect, sugary, goth-tinged, effortlessly catchy synth pop that absolutely could not have been made in any other decade.

Track listing:
1. New Life
2. I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
3. Puppets
4. Boys Say Go!
5. Nodisco
6. What's Your Name?
7. Photographic
8. Tora! Tora! Tora!
9. Big Muff
10. Any Second Now (Voices)
11. Just Can't Get Enough
12. Dreaming of Me
13. Ice Machine [bonus]
14. Shout [bonus]
15. Any Second Now [bonus]
16. Just Can't Get Enough (Schizo Mix) [bonus]

You say that it's from above
And I say this is modern love

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Vince Clark. I got my ticket to synth pop a few years back with this bbc documentary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lVljmH0yUw
    Naturally I went and got all the albums after. New life indeed. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete