Friday, January 23, 2015

Giorgio Moroder - Einzelgänger (1975)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
Giorgio Moroder - E=MC² (1979)

Quite a different beast from the euphoric, dance-friendly sounds he'd be innovating just two years later, Einzelgänger finds Moroder exploring alien, (kraut)rocky landscapes with just some synthesizers and heavily processed vocals to protect him.

Track listing:
1. Einzelgänger
2. Aus
3. Warum
4. Percussiv
5. Good Old Germany
6. Basslich
7. Untergang
8. Liebes-Arie
9. Einzelgänger

Me Giorgio

4 comments:

  1. Heard the title track on a late night Chicago area progressive FM station back in '75/'76 but, didn't know who it was by. This track stuck in my head for 40 years! Now I know who did this track (to my amazement)! I would have never thought it was Giorgio Moroder, know and have some of his work. Thanks for helping me end a 40 year search!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great! It sounds so dissimilar from his later stuff, it's not at all surprising that you didn't guess it. But I'm really glad I was able to accidentally help you out, and thank you for my favorite comment yet!

      Delete