Tuesday, December 15, 2020

HÆLOS - Full Circle (2016)


Speaking of best-of lists: here's an album that definitely would've been on mine if I'd made one (for non-black metal records) in 2016. There was a bit of a trip-hop revival that year, and imo HÆLOS was the best of the bunch. Earnest, downcast songs with dual male-female vocals and a sweeping, almost arena-ready sound. I have no concept of how popular this record was/is, but I do know that Full Circle has been in steady rotation 'round these parts since it came out, so I want to make sure that everyone who should hear it, does.

Track listing:
1. Intro/Spectrum
2. Pray
3. Dust
4. Full Circle
5. Earth Not Above
6. Oracle
7. Alone
8. Separate Lives
9. Sacred
10. Cloud Nine
11. Pale


Also listen to:

1 comment:

  1. HÆLOS is entirely new to me, thank you as always D_S. What a quality album, it's immediately lovable, and while it satisfies my want of breaks/well produced electronic in general, it's much more "accessible" than I imagined; this is definitely as close as I come to listening to 'pop' music(actually tied with "Child Actor", also discovered them thanks to you a few years ago). Makes me curious as well how popular this release/trio is & whether HÆLOS is on the radar as they clearly deserve to be!

    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete