Monday, January 31, 2022

Empire of Rats - Empire of Rats (2013)


Heavy, ridiculously pissed-off metalcore. Ignorant breakdowns, thrash-y solos, gang vocals, and a hoarse screamer going off about everything and everyone he's ever laid eyes on. I have spent so much time pumping iron to this, my muscles practically have a Pavlovian response to start aching when I put it on.

Track listing:
1. Leeches
2. Another Minute in Hell
3. Bottomless Pit
4. Untitled
5. Society's Zero
6. Rats Reign
7. Sinking
8. Little from the World (Cold as Life)
9. We're Dead
10. Exposed
11. Early Mourning


If you like this, listen to:

4 comments:

  1. Hah, one I actually own. If I'm not mistaken this was released on a389 records, I'd suggest to check out Day Of Mourning in their roster. Even more ridicously heavy iron-pumping-core and of course the recent re-release of Cold As Life's Born To Land Hard. I really lapped up everything they released in the early-mid 2010's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been reading this blog for 2-3 years know but first time commenting I think, anyway it's a great album for sure. Vicious well-written songs that know how to keep it short, I loved it when it came out (probably was my favorite for 2013), gonna have to listen to it again then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yooooooo! I totally forgot about this record. I used to lift to this record almost exclusively when it dropped.

    ReplyDelete