Thursday, July 14, 2022

Warm Ghost - Narrows (2011)


A great bit of swooning, 80s-leaning, downtempo synth pop from the chillwave era. Hadn't listened to this for years until this morning, and it holds up really, really well. For me, these throwback sounds are always so much better when they're incorporated into new-sounding music, instead of the full-on nostalgia cosplay that's taken over, pretty much across the board, in recent years. I blame Stranger Things.

Track listing:
1. G.T.W.S.
2. I Will Return
3. Once One
4. Myths on Rotting Ships
5. PLY7
6. Inside and Out
7. Mariana
8. Splay of Road
9. An Absolute Light


Same year, same wheelhouse:

5 comments:

  1. Nothing but love for you and your blog! It is really outstanding... the music, the text ... again, nothing but love. About this release: it's one of those albums, I immediately have a slow dance on an warm evening feeling... really nice sound. The vocals kind of remind me of Elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this and Verocai. Really great choices.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really very surprised I never knew about this one. It's fantastic. Thank you so very much for all the hard work and effort you put into this blog - I think it's one of the finest places on the web for any music lover, or, any human for that matter. Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if my comment was submitted (?) I do hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I just have it set so that I have to approve comments because I get a ton of spam comments, plus the odd bit of toxicity. Thank you, that's a very flattering assessment.

      Delete