Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Arthur Verocai - Arthur Verocai (1972)


A classic of hazy, jazzy Brazilian folk rock. If you're looking for laid-back tunes for a warm summer day, this is exactly it. However, I'd guess that a good chunk of my readers are already familiar with this little slice of heaven, considering that it really made the rounds back in the golden age of mp3 blogs and has been reissued multiple times over the past decade. I'm mostly posting this so that I can relive one of my favorite memories from my recent vacation in Mexico, which this record soundtracked: sunbathing and swimming nude while everyone else except my wife was running errands (we're not a "let's get nude together" kind of crew.) I set a timer for half an hour when they left, figuring they'd be gone at least half an hour, and I had literally JUST put my swimsuit back on when the front door opened.

Track listing:
1. Caboclo
2. Pelas Sombras
3. Sylvia
4. Presente Grego
5. Dedicado a Ela
6. Seriado
7. Na Boca do Sol
8. Velho Parente
9. O Mapa
10. Karina (Domingo no Grajaú)

More greatness from Brazil:

4 comments:

  1. Hi, may I Reques https://www.discogs.com/release/4887082-Tom-Foolery-Tom-Foolery , thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay. I'm visiting with family, don't have much down time.
      https://mega.nz/file/kPkjRZoB#mFtR0lSnohOY-TqsOMdMdmqJ87vDUXyJR76lAHYmEcQ

      Delete
    2. This was a really great find. Just the sort of thing I would never have heard of otherwise. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This is like, one of the most magical albums of all time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete