Monday, March 13, 2023

Grimlock - Crusher (2003)


Starting my week by blasting out a bunch of pushups to some groove-heavy Boston metalcore/beatdown. If you want a record full of irresponsibly hard breakdowns precipitated by a yoaked-out Masshole saying stuff like "I'm a brand new man" or "I'm king of the fucking jungle" or "I will rise forever", you can't do much better than Crusher. But, statistically speaking, you probably don't.

Track listing:
1. Ritual of Steel
2. Mad Titan
3. Crusher
4. The Last Holy Fool
5. End of the Dream
6. Revolution (Return of the Power)


More like this:

5 comments:

  1. I'm all about this record. So fucking hard. Have you heard stories about their shows? People allegedly being thrown out of windows and shit.

    Now I will start up the revolution. REVOLUTION.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard that but it's not surprising. Crowd-killing was probably insane at their shows.

      Delete
  2. True caveman shit, and some of the best there is at that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the "20 years old makes something a classic" rule, I've been thinking about 2003. MTV and Warped Tour was less about pop punk and going emo, and metalcore was going strong!

    Apparently Boston hardcore was trending hard at the time? Have you seen any of the Boston Beatdown DVDs? I found Volume 2 (2004) at this pawnshop's discount section, loaded with mediocre to crap movies and UFC and MMA DVD's. All together a cesspool of anger management and low IQ laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen any of that, sounds like a pretty good time. I also totally slept on metalcore and hardcore around this time, I was too stoned.

      Delete