Friday, May 5, 2023

Khalil - The Water We Drink (2017)


The sound of Auto-Tuned pop/R&B stuttering, faltering, collapsing, and being fed through a digital wood chipper. Never heard anything else quite like it. A Posh Isolation joint. I remember thinking this record was gonna be a big deal with us nerds but as far as I can tell I was wrong, as I don't remember hearing/seeing anyone talking about it and it was surprisingly hard to track down a good rip for the purposes of this post. 

Track listing:
1. Trapper
2. Rest My Head Against a Wall of Water
3. Gigds
4. Submit So Deep
5. Estate Straight Line
6. Herat
7. Always Wanted to Ride in a Place Like This
8. Natures Envy
9. Sculpture No Solid
10. The White Hoodie I Wear Because I Love You


You should also hear:

4 comments:

  1. You had me at Posh Isolation :) missed this one, sounds like it'll be right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing; there's nothing I'd like more than to have all the auto-tuned R&B dance pop shit fed through a wood chipper once and for all. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any more Posh Isolation to share?

    ReplyDelete