Saturday, November 11, 2023

François-Eudes Chanfrault - À l'intérieur (Inside) (2008)


I've been known to refer to Inside as the scariest movie I've ever seen, with the caveat that my viewing experience was very much enhanced by context. After finally giving it a rewatch a couple weeks back, the jury may be out, but I'm not retracting my statement. I can say for sure that it is insanely brutal. 

Also, the soundtrack's great. Very subtle and minimal. Dark synths, serrated drones, pulsing rhythms, elegiac chamber pieces. There's an extended dialogue-free sequence near the end of the movie where a bunch of terrible things happen without any dialogue, and it's soundtracked entirely by a two-chord synth figure. It's sick as fuck. Go watch it if you can find it -- I torrented it.

Track listing:
1. Arctic Love
2. Memories, Part I, II, & III
3. Dark Beats
4. Discovery
4. Low/High
5. Memories (Redux)
6. Memories (Final)
7. Square Pads for an Eternal Dawn


More scary shit:

2 comments:

  1. Hey ! thanks for this one ! great movie indeed but let's be honest : just as french black metal, french horror kicks ass !! we can be proud of it at least !
    anyway, talking about french stuff, may I suggest you check our project IMPLORING :
    https://imploring.bandcamp.com/
    feel free to get in touch, we would love to have your returns on it !
    cheers from france
    HE & SHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inside is on Tubi for anyone interested. I watched it the other day. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete