Monday, September 22, 2014
Labradford - E Luxo So (1999)
Just read that Labradford's going to be working on new music for the first time in over a decade. Quite interested to see what they come up with. In the meantime, here's the record that got me into them. Expect chiming guitars, stately pianos, strings, clattering electronic percussion, and an overall vibe that lands somewhere between post-rock and ambient.
1. Recorded and Mixed at Sound of Music, Richmond, Va.
2. With John Morand and Assisted by Brian Hoffa
3. Dulcimers Played by Peter Neff, Strings Played
4. By Chris Johnston, Craig Markva, Jamie Evans
5. And Jonathan Morken. Photo Provided By
6. Leta O'Steen. Design Assistance by John Piper
Lazy Blog Post Written by Dear_Spirit