Wednesday, September 27, 2017

black tape for a blue girl - A Chaos of Desire (1991)


Related:
Sam Rosenthal - Before the Buildings Fell (1986)

Ethereal darkwave. Lush swaths of interwoven, textured synths, mournful violins, and dramatic, at times theatrical vocals. Is your cheese-o-meter going to twitch? Sure. But, if I may, I'd encourage you to ease back on your need for disaffected coolness, and simply appreciate the purity of this band's dedication to their explorations of love, heartbreak, self-hate, and mortality. Plus, the synths are super rad.

Track listing:
1. These Fleeting Moments
2. A Chaos of Desire
3. Pandora's Box
4. Tear Love from My Mind
5. The Hypocrite Is Me
6. Beneath the Icy Floe
7. We Watch Our Sad-Eyed Angel Fall
8. One Last Breath
9. One of These Reminders
10. How Can You Forget Love?
11. Chains of Color
12. Could I Stay the Honest One?

Shine shattered lights into my eyes

You should also listen to:
Dark Sanctuary -
Royaume Mélancolique (1999)
Halgrath -
Liquid Mind (2010)

9 comments:

  1. Desert island record for me!
    I destroyed a k7 and cd stealed/missing... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh trust me, I tend to go pretty nuts with the spoopy stuff around this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the synths are super rad"

    Exactly my counter-argument when my description of this band's beauty falls on "Meh" ears.
    Because they fucking are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is their best or top 3 album. Really soul crushing material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another excellent one is "Ashes in the Brittle Air". I never understood his preference for Adobe Garamond Bold Italic, though... The oldstyle drawings are much nicer, smaller x height.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't help asking you....could you re~up this one? Tis dead and October compels me ;)

    Tz

    ReplyDelete