Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Darzamat - In the Opium of Black Veil (1999)


Polish symphonic black/gothic metal. An abundance of melodramatic clean vocals and string arrangements makes for a significant cheese factor, but I still listen to Cradle of Filth so my tolerance for that kinda thing is obviously pretty high. Please don't ask me to defend the album cover, though, because I cannot.

Track listing:
1. Beyond the World
2. In the Opium of the Black Veil
3. From the Earth to the Stars
4. Ancient Philosophy
5. Secret Garden (Mystic Version)

I look back to embrace you and I see
Icy blackness, deadly nothing


Similar listening:
Siebenbürgen -
Loreia (1997)
Graveworm -
As the Angels Reach the Beauty (1999)

4 comments:

  1. What is wrong with the cover? Seen worse, eg. Graveworm -
    As the Angels Reach the Beauty (1999), right below. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, Anon, it's soo goddamn atrocious. Two women who are partially clothed in frilly, aqua-and-neon-green pajamas, performing an awkward, ass-out, cheek-to-cheek hug. And the colors just look like shit. Kinda looks like it was taken at one of those faux old-time-y photo-portrait places. Bad idea, bad execution, 0/10.

      Delete
  2. thats a Jan Saudek's photoart, look him up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey some of his other stuff is really great! I still hate everything about this one

      Delete