Monday, February 24, 2020

Oliver Lake - NTU: Point from Which Creation Begins (1976)


Fiery, Afrocentric, avant-garde soul-jazz led by saxophonist Oliver Lake. Clattering, insistent rhythms, angular melodies, bits of full-tilt chaos, and an overall heavily spiritual, almost ritualistic impact.

On an entirely unrelated note: I've been meaning to mention that if you've left a comment anytime in the past like six months or so that hasn't been published, it's because it's regarding a specific request or recommendation, and if I publish it I'll I forget it, so it's just stuck in limbo. Hopefully I'll be able to burn through them all at some point soon if I ever have a life again.

Track listing:
1. Africa
2. Tse'lane
3. Electric Freedom Colors
4. Eriee
5. Zip

Life dance of is

You should also listen to:
Elvin Jones -
Genesis (1971)
Horace Tapscott & the Pan-Afrikan
Peoples Arkestra - Flight 17 (1978)

1 comment: