Sunday, March 14, 2021

Asunta - Landscapes (1996)


Mesmerizing ambient instrumentals from a Polish duo of clarinetist/composer Sławomir Gołaszewski and harmoniumist (that's probably not a word) Wojciech Karwacki. Nothing but droning harmonium and echoing clarinet. Could be likened to an extremely abstracted form of dark jazz. Whatever it is, it's a true hidden gem of ambient music that I only stumbled upon fairly recently, and I'd like to think that I've cultivated a readership that will absolutely fucking love this.

Track listing:
1. Landscape I / Krajobraz I
2. Landscape II / Krajobraz II
3. Landscape III / Krajobraz III
4. Landscape IV / Krajobraz IV
5. Landscape V / Krajobraz V
6. Landscape VI / Krajobraz VI
7. Landscape VII / Krajobraz II
8. Landscape VIII / Krajobraz VIII


Similar vibes:

10 comments:

  1. Find! This is top quality. Robust & heartfelt thanks.
    (Another polish gem from 1996 is Księżyc S/T album. You got it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard that but I just found a rip, thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
    2. Not at all, thank you!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely fucking love this! Shame it's not on spotify so I could spam my mates on discord

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jim, the Księżyc LP is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And thanks to Jim for his recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way cool & so are you - thnx - no really - sincereley

    ReplyDelete