Sunday, June 27, 2021

Twine - Twine (2003)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:

My favorite record by this unfortunately slept-on group. Warped, druggy sounds for late night listening. It's been almost 20 years since I last took the plunge, but as I recall, being extremely high on DXM (aka "Robotripping") makes all music sound a lot like "Girl Song". However, with Portland going through one of the worst heatwaves in the city's recorded history, this whole record also handily works as a simulation of the impact that extremely high temperatures have on the brain.

Track listing:
1. G_R_V
2. Plectrum
3. Piano
4. Girl Song
5. Kalea Morning
6. Pendant
7. Asa Nisi Masa
8. Counting Off Again
9. Strobe


More albums that sound like drugs:

5 comments:

  1. Wow I had never heard this band, thank so much for introducing them! Fantastic.
    - John in Queens NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing 114°f for all y'all today. We're only prepped for 105°f up here in Seattle but we've always lived in our own political bubble, as far as the rest of the state goes. I've got my fans on stun but they're too loud to listen to anything quietly stimulating. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof, rough times out here in the PNW. We ended up grabbing a few friends and hitting the coast for the day, where as always, it was actually chilly by the water. Today's not so bad in Portland, hopefully we're out of the worst of it.

      Delete
  3. this is my favourite "drive-car-in-the-dark"-cd for the past 15 yrs or so! yes, I have a car with a cd player. back home, you need to listen to "kalea morning" and "counting off gain" on headphones. I very much agree, best release by this underrated band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can the above earlier comment, decryption took more than an hour and appeared out of nowhere! Thanks

    ReplyDelete