Sunday, July 29, 2018

Jarosław Śmietana - Talking Guitar (1984)


Debut LP from Polish guitarist Jarosław Śmietana. Extremely laid-back, kinda disco-y at times, and super-smooth. In fact, this might just be full-on smooth jazz, but I'm vibing way too hard to care. How hard am I supposed to fight my pleasure center in the name of good taste?

Track listing:
1. Bieganie Po Manhattanie - Manhattan Jogging
2. Alisia
3. Tabasco Song
4. Podróżując We Śnie - Travellin' in Dream
5. Trzech Panów W Łódce - Three Men in a Boat
6. Samba Carrera
7. Papierek Lakmusowy - Litmus
8. Od Siedmiu Wzwyż - From Seven Up
9. Polowanie Na Robaczka - Hunting a Bug
10. Samochody W Pokrowcach - Cased Up Cars

Girl drink drunk

More along these lines:
Paul Horn -
Dream Machine (1978)
Seaside Lovers -
Memories in Beach House (1983)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch for this skipper - this creates a fantastic world for me complete with glass furniture, faux-fur white extra high-pile shag area rugs and stunning mixed drinks, then I stroll over to the open balcony and close my eyes to the orange sunset - of course my pants are polyester flares and sunglasses are oversized and round

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I made a smooth guitar playlist for itunes yesterday. And then I find this on your site today.
    Any other recommendations for smooth classical or acoustic jazz? One track which compelled me to create the list was Andrew York's "Andency" - modern classical guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. broo can you reup this gem?? ffs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly enough, I just made a new post that links to this, so I re-upped the link before I saw your comment. Enjoy.

      Delete