Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Giant Drag - Hearts and Unicorns (2005)


A should-be classic of hooky, 90's-indebted slacker rock. Don't let the silly song titles fool you, some of these songs are hella dark. Spent a long weekend drinking and eating mushrooms poolside to celebrate my friend's 40th birthday, can't believe I didn't think to put this on ONCE.

Track listing:
1. Kevin Is Gay
2. Cordial Invitation
3. This Isn't It
4. YFLMD
5. Pretty Little Neighbor
6. Blunt Picket Fence
7. High Friends in Places
8. You Are Full of Shit (Check Out My Sweet Riffs)
9. Everything's Worse
10. My Dick Sux
11. Smashing
12. Slayer
13. Untitled [hidden track]

I can't decide which is more stupid
Your heart or your mind


You might also like:
Helium -
Pirate Prude (1994)
The Muffs -
Happy Birthday to Me (1997)

3 comments:

  1. I heard This Isn't It and Kevin Is Gay on the Audiocrush podcast in the year this album came out. I loved them, still do, and yet never thought to check the rest of this album out, until today. I'm a bona fide fucking idiot.

    Micah, their drummer, is apparently an awesome producer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this album! Wish she was still doing this kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete