Friday, November 27, 2020

Jetone - Autumnmonia (2000)


Before becoming one of the most acclaimed experimental musicians of our time, Tim Hecker made IDM under the name Jetone. Sharp beats, wandering synth lines, and some hints of the glitchy ambient scrap heaps that would become his signature.

EDIT: Wow, just noticed how similar this album cover is to the one that I posted two days ago. Completely unintentional on my part.

Track listing:
1. Sandstrings
2. Fukfunk
3. Flowers No. 4
4. Marilyn Chambers
5. Heatdeath
6. Fresh
7. Sputtertones
8. Diamonds No. 3
9. Huntington
10. Shear/Refract
11. Meltdown Skyline


Also listen to:

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - interested to hear some early Tim Hecker - plus yes, I thought that was an ECM, er, joint at first glance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In honor of your posting coincidence I shall rename this album Tim Hecker Trio
    in itunes ;) Thank you for this, I confess I didn't know about Hecker's Jetone project meanwhile I consider myself an IDM connoisseur(IDM = idiot douchebag music - ahh a better, less pompous name...was also a blog once upon a time, bet you knew it)

    ~Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. His work as Jetone is amazing. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blog where I can explore metal, ECM and this...
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both album covers reminds me another one by Yo La Tengo, the album "Painful"

    ReplyDelete