Thursday, November 26, 2020

Mahogany - The Dream of a Modern Day (2000)


One of the great slept-on dream pop/shoegaze records. An airy wall-of-sound composed of cello, guitars, synths, miscellaneous electronics, and more, with gentle vocals that kinda remind me of Lætitia Sadier.

Track listing:
1. Movement I
2. Chance
3. Optimism
4. The Mystique of the Locomotive
5. Soleil Radieux
6. Anaïs No. 4
7. Movement II
8. Vista-Dome
9. Anaïs No. 3
10. Red Marrow, His Sorrow
11. On the Threshold of the Absolute
12. Synchromie No. 1


If you like this, listen to:

5 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to Burnt Hair? That guy owes me 12 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you THANK YOU! I lost this years ago. I remember driving back and forth to work listening to this. Oh man, what a treat. I can't wait to give it another spin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. slept on indeed - this is beautiful, thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jajajaajak ojala es bueno dormir de verdad

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for this beautiful melody

    ReplyDelete