Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pram - The Stars Are So Big, the Earth Is So Small... Stay as You Are (1993)


One of my absolute favorite 90s indie/post-rock records. Think Stereolab meets White Light/White Heat, with dreamlike, casually unsettling lyrics.

Track listing:
1. Loco
2. Radio Freak in a Storm
3. Loredo Venus
4. Milky
5. Dorothy
6. In Dreams You Too Can Fly
7. The Ray
8. Cape St. Vincent

A malignant tower

If you like this, check out:
Shackleton -
Discography (1999-?)
Julian Lynch -
Mare (2010)

9 comments:

  1. You are so on the money with this! Was listening to it th'other night for first time in years. Awkwardly beautiful and vice versa.
    Everything by Pram is special but this album, I really love.
    I love this album. I. love. it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't resist a recommendation like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yooo, do you have any of the Pram eps? Bsides between this and imaginary animals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey just remembered this comment. I definitely do, will post when I get a chance

      Delete
    2. Goddamn it, this is why I usually don't approve request-comments until I've already done the upload -- I will 100% forget about it, every time. My bad. Here's what I have:
      https://mega.nz/#!JLQ3zIAa!LLxYsAJO2zp0AfWANxtLkjfx27p0uYlsU6kABTaShi0

      Delete
  4. Hey there - I love your blog, so much greatness. Is there any chance that you have Pram's The Moving Frontier? I'm just getting into them and heard that's an excellent one to check out. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete