Saturday, January 20, 2024

Honey Is Cool - Early Morning Are You Working? (1999)


The second and final full-length from Honey Is Cool, a Gothenburg indie rock band that ultimately served as a springboard for the career of Karin Dreijer, aka Fever Ray. Dreijer's powerful, distinctive vocals are very much the focal point here, but here it's in service of dark-tinted, dynamic, muscular indie rock. I forget how I first found this band but I know it was via some ass-backwards-internet-music-nerd means, as I had no idea Dreijer was in the band when I first put them on, and it slowly dawned on me as her voice soared over the opening whirlwind of the title track.

Track listing:
1. Early Morning Are You Working?
2. Bolero
3. Great and Smaller Things
4. There's No Difference
5. Summer of Men
6. I Surprise
7. Waiting for a Friend
8. My Love Is a Bell
9. Lead but Low
10. Something Above the Mountains
11. The Giraffe


You should also hear:

No comments:

Post a Comment