Monday, July 18, 2016

Graven - Of Misanthropic Spirit (2000)


German black metal. Not groundbreaking in the least, but it's still a great album. Or, it's a demo, I guess. For those who like their black metal extra black metal-y.

Track listing:
1. The Ruins of My Lost Kingdom
2. Horde of the Darkened Forest
3. Nightwinds Lead My Sword
4. Forestgrave
5. Fullmoon Rites
6. Land of Thousand Sins
7. Of Misanthropic Spirit

The presence of death

More like this:
Grond -
Winterkrieger (2000)
Amnion -
Cryptic Wanderings (2008)

3 comments:

  1. Man, just another right-wing black metal Band in your blog. So please check the bands before your posts. Greetings from Germoney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up, for real, but I could do without the "please check the bands before your post." I post sketchy black metal all the time, and most of the time I'm doing it knowingly, because I just can't care that much about the political views of grown men wearing corpsepaint and making terrible-sounding recordings in their basements, especially if they're really vague about it. That being said -- I did not know that, and I don't have time to verify what you're saying right now so I'll take your word for it.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and as I always do in these situations: this is the end of this conversation because I've had it a million times and don't want to do it again. Unless you come up with a truly compelling point that I've never heard before, you're getting ruthlessly censored.

      Delete