Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Tear Garden - To Be an Angel Blind, the Crippled Soul Divide (1996)


Related:
The Legendary Pink Dots - Chemical Playschool 1 & 2 (1981)
The Tear Garden - Tired Eyes Slowly Burning (1987)
The Legendary Pink Dots - The Maria Dimension (1991)
Download - Furnace (1995)
Skinny Puppy - Brap (Back & Forth Vol. 3 & 4) (1996)
The Legendary Pink Dots - Plutonium Blonde (2008)
The Legendary Pink Dots - The Gethsemane Option (2013)

My personal favorite Tear Garden record. Written and recorded in the wake of the passing of founding member Dwayne Goettel, To Be an Angel Blind, the Cripple Soul Divide is more subdued and 'organic' than any of the band's previous material, and without a trace of proper industrial to be found.

Track listing:
1. Ascension Day
2. We the People
3. In Search of My Rose
4. Crying from Outside
5. Psycho 9
6. With Wings
7. Judgement Hour
8. New Eden
9. Tasteless
10. Cyberspider
11. Malice Through the Looking Glass
12. Phoenix
13. The Habit

It transforms itself to nothing
I want nothing


Also listen to:
Holy Toy -
Panzer and Rabbits (1984)
Fear of Dolls -
When the Organ Played at Twilight (1999)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely!

    I need to study Current 93's catalog, does anything there sound like this? Well I'll listen to it all anyway, in small doses as it might push away any down-to-earthness I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I had replied but some glitch happened I guess. Maybe try Sleep Has His House or Baalstorm Sing Omega? (If you're totally new to Current 93, I'd recommend starting with Thunder Perfect Mind.)

      Delete
  2. Such a wonderful collective... Never get tired of them.

    ReplyDelete