Tuesday, December 19, 2017

I Shalt Become - In the Falling Snow (2008)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
I Shalt Become - The Pendle Witch Trials (2009)
I Shalt Become - Poison (2010)

Ghostly, lo-fi, depressive US black metal. A murky, blown-out wall of guitars and droning keyboards, simple, plodding drums, and ghoulish vocals. Belongs in the DSBM hall of fame for sure.

Track listing:
1. Intro
2. Burning
3. In the Falling Snow
4. These Cold Desires
5. All Alone and Dead
6. Dreamscapes
7. Acid Lights
8. The Lost Man
9. Our Children Die
10. Outro

Dragged

You'll also wanna hear:
Striborg -
Mysterious Semblance (2004)
Mord -
Imperium Magnum Infernalis (2006)

2 comments:

  1. Legendary. I used to run into S in shows around town around the time I turned 21 (he actually bought me a shot). Sweet guy, but guarded. Very humble -- last time I talked with him about it (admittedly a while ago), he doesn't quite get why people like his music so much or why Wanderings and In The Falling Snow have received such a cult following. I couldn't imagine my taste in black metal WITHOUT I Shalt Become/Birkenau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non so le motivazioni cui hanno portato al cambio nome da Birkenau all odierno I Shalt Become, ma in ogni caso cio che vorrei dire è che io non avrei cambiato una virgola al Primo In the Falling Snow. Perche era praticamente tetro, perfetto. E ritrovarmi brani modificati qui, mi sprona ancora di piu alla invana ricerca fin ora di quella prima grandiosa uscita, che un tempo avevo ed era di facile repwribilita, di download in rete, ma oggi non piu. Qualcuno x caso,saprebbe darmi un link ancora in vita x il download, download primo "In the Falling Snow". Grazie

    ReplyDelete