Friday, August 24, 2018

The Stylistics - Round 2 (1972)


Immaculate second LP from Philly soul legends The Stylistics. Tastefully ornate arrangements color in tender songs of love and heartbreak, carried by lead vocalist Russell Thompkins, Jr.'s honey-sweet falsetto.

Track listing:
1. I'm Stone in Love with You
2. If You Don't Watch Out
3. You and Me
4. It's Too Late
5. Children of the Night
6. You'll Never Get to Heaven
7. Break Up to Make Up
8. Peek-A-Boo
9. You're as Right as Rain
10. Pieces

Late at night
When all the world is safe within their dreams
I walk the shadows late at night
An empty feeling creeps within my soul
I feel so lonely
So I go into the darkness of the night
All alone I walk the streets
Until I find someone who is just like me
Looking for some company


If you like this, listen to:
Sylvia Robinson -
Pillow Talk (1973)
Freddie North -
Cuss the Wind (1975)

No comments:

Post a Comment