Saturday, August 4, 2018

Land of the Loops - Bundle of Joy (1996)


Sample-happy instrumental hip-hop/trip-hop. Though it doesn't sound futuristic like it used to, Bundle of Joy remains as delightfully scattered, stoned, and vibrant as ever.

Track listing:
1. Welcome
2. Sound System
3. Multi-Family Garage Sale (Bargain-Bin Mix)
4. Growing Concern
5. Day Late & a Dollar Short
6. I Dream of Ghosts
7. I Confess
8. Help for Your Aching Back
9. Burning Clutch (Five-Speed Dub)
10. Cruisin' for Sentient Beings
11. Mass. Ave. and Beyond
12. Mathematical Park
13. Heidi Cakes
14. Crash Landing on Planet Brooklyn
15. My Head (Leaks)
16. Good-bye

Oooh, that's gonna be nice

You'd probably also like:
Depth Charge -
Nine Deadly Venoms (1994)
Cornelius -
Sensuous (2006)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, never enough trip-hop for the daily grind.
    In an effort to return the favor, have you heard of Free The Robots? They have a couple solid albums, but the gem is the first release of the self titled EP. Six of the most interesting jazzy/trip-hop songs that have received a great deal of play from this listener. Highly recommend checking it out!
    Thank you as always for the jams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you post some? I love this genre.

      Delete
    2. @Noonperhaps: Here's the self-titled. Really great stuff. Also I've been listening to a whole lotta trip-hop lately so stay tuned.
      https://mega.nz/#!5LZWwI4I!LmM7PdKJuHxCkuqhupjfk7w4ffK1cBwf9oxKrE6yFRk

      @Sean Bellamy: Thanks so much for the recommendation. I checked it out right after I published your comment, and have been jamming it ever since. I'm not the best at remembering to respond to comments on here, sorry about that.

      Delete
  2. First, thank you for all of the excellent, unusual uploads.
    Any chance of a re-up on this one? I bought it when it came out and loved it - the remix record too - but they all went missing over the years. In

    ReplyDelete