Thursday, December 20, 2018

Afterlife - Surreality (1992)


Killer old-school US death metal. Intricate but brutal guitar work, ultra-low gutturals, some atmospheric keyboards, and glimmers of psychedelia and doom.

Track listing:
1. Surreality
2. Eve of Eclipse
3. Divine Enlightenment
4. Dreading the Marrow
5. Embrace
6. Shell of a Being
7. Dead Lights Glare

Chants all complete
Noxious winds sweep
Expelled from her chest
To seal man's fate


You should also listen to:
Viogression -
Expound and Exhort (1991)
Lethal Prayer -
Spiritual Decay (1996)

4 comments:

  1. Found this at a 99 cent store at least a decade ago. Great oldschool Death Metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! can't believe I haven't heard this before cause I've spent ages trawling through 90's death metal records.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. This is my old band. I did the vocals. Wish we could have recorded more but was sadly not to be. I currently sing for a death/thrash band out of Chicago called Fate to Suffer. Hoping to have a re-record of the first ep done in the near future. I'm not the singer on the original version. CHeers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vibe, but the crap drumming kills it dead.

    ReplyDelete