Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Jerry Peters - Blueprint for Discovery (1972)


A gloriously sprawling soul-funk odyssey courtesy of New Orleans composer/producer/singer/multi-instrumentalist Jerry Peters. How such a wonderful song cycle slips between the cracks is anyone's guess -- it certainly doesn't help that's it's never been reissued -- but do your part and get hip to it, then help spread the gospel.

Track listing:
1. If You Leave Me Now (Prologue)
2. If You Leave Me Now
3. Long Before You and I
4. Did I Step on Your Heart
5. Going in Circles
6. Love Song
7. White Shutters
8. Kuri Monga Nuie (Big Black Dog)
9. Lest We Forget

Wherever I am
Yes, I love it


You should also hear:
Billy Paul -
War of the Gods (1973)
Angelo Bond -
Bondage (1975)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you,
    for discover this Artist for me.
    I agree that again he is one of obscured artists. Pity.
    Gentle. Real SOUL.

    Real human Soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - never heard this one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna give this a listen.......
    Much Thanks
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your site - Thankyou for these recommendations !

    ReplyDelete