Sunday, October 31, 2021

Psychosis - Death in Utero (1992)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:

Last Halloween-ish, on my post about Forever Is Forgotten, I wistfully mentioned that it would probably be the last time I posted something by Oneiroid Psychosis, "barring the remote possibility of my finally tracking down a rip of Death in Utero [...] or the even more remote possibility of a new album." Within 24 hours, I had tracked down a copy of Death in Utero, and they had released a new album. Apparently they'd been crowdfunding for it and I missed the whole damn thing. So what I'm trying to say is: I am God.

Oh, the music? It's very much in line with their first two records -- driving, synth-y, and grim -- but the horror theatrics are less over-the-top, and, as one might expect from a demo cassette, it has that fuzzy, lo-fi distortion that we all love. Released before they added the “Oneiroid” part.

Track listing:
1. Dejected Recollection
2. Taint of Blood
3. Impressions
4. Assuage
5. Lies Within
6. Pleasant Dreams
7. For One to Go Insane
8. One Very Young
9. Existence


Also listen to:

4 comments:

  1. Dear God,

    Any chance of some Violent Onsen Geisha sometime? I know you say to not covet thy neighbour's wife but you didn't say anything about coveting that prick Ted's record collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this band is so great...unknown to me until now, so thanks! evidently there i a new one: http://www.oneiroidpsychosis.com/data/discog.html#top

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have this in a lossless version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I don't keep lossless anything except my own recordings. I've only ever heard this 192 rip of Death in Utero.

      Delete