Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Girls Names - Dead to Me (2011)


Where the beach meets the graveyard. The shimmering, reverb-drenched sounds of surf rock applied to the murderous, self-destructive themes of post-punk and gothic rock. Of the many indie-related micro-genres that popped up around this time -- chillwave, witch house, blog house -- surf-indie was one of the micro-est, and it never really took off, but it was fun while it lasted.

Track listing:
1. Lawrence
2. I Could Die
3. When You Cry
4. No More Words
5. Nothing More to Say
6. I Lose
7. Cut Up
8. Bury Me
9. Kiss Goodbye
10. Séance on a Wet Afternoon


You should also hear:

5 comments:

  1. Dang this sounds cool. Can't wait to hear it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing a lot of Smiths in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heroin in Tahiti might fall under this...did I learn about them from this blog perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. also "Last Drive" from Greece I thought were cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great album. I'm forever grateful for you and this blog

    ReplyDelete