Friday, June 4, 2021

Flesh World - Flesh World (2013)


Deathrock/dream pop hybrid from SF. Echoing drums, reverb-washed guitars, creepy keyboards, and vocal melodies/guitar leads/overall songwriting approach right out of the punk rock playbook. Dream punk, maybe? I really thought this band was gonna take off, but haven't heard anything from them since 2017. And since I always hate on Pitchfork, I'm thinking it's only fair to mention that, regardless of how wrong they are sometimes, I have found a lot of great music through that site, including Flesh World.

Track listing:
1. Sturdy Swiss Hiker
2. A Trip to the Living Ice Age
3. Church of Flesh
4. Reckon and Know
5. Lost My Heart in Transit Thru the Post
6. Are We Saved Or Are We Damned?


You should also listen to:

3 comments:

  1. "Death rock/dream pop hybrid." Makes me wonder when we'll get the grindcore/gay disco hybrid we need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be the change you want to see.

      Delete
  2. excellently curated how / wrong / they / are / sometimes.

    ReplyDelete