Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Wolfgang Bock - Cycles (1980)


First album by German synth-man Wolfgang Bock. Lots and lots of synthesizers, live drums, and production by (obvious predecessor/possible mentor) Klaus Schulze. According to my 5 minutes of research, Bock wrote the book on synthesizers, released 4 albums over the course of 17 years, then gave up music in order to devote his life to sailing. 

Track listing:
1. Cycles
2. Robsai Part 1
3. Robsai Part 2
4. Changes
5. Stop the World


Similar listening:

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of him, but anybody named Wolfgang gets my vote. I love the Berlin school stuff and been listening to Schultze's Irrlicht lately--a real mind journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for something new to me. Really good electronic music. I hope you can share some others of his music.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. After years of TD and KS -- I was pretty burned out on Berlin School synths -- preferring beatless soundscapes -- but this release was like a breath of fresh air without the typical monotony of the date genre's releases. Thanks for the share. ~ www.SourceCodeX.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI: "Changes" track has multiple dropouts on audio volume after 1:41

    ReplyDelete