Saturday, September 7, 2013

Van Der Graaf Generator - H to He, Who Am the Only One (1970)


Van Der Graaf Generator are a British prog rock band who, from 1970 to 1977, quietly compiled one of the most airtight discographies in all of prog. H to He Who is their third full-length, and is as good an entry point as any. Sprawling, mind-melting compositions colored by flute, saxophones, synths, organ, and vocalist/primary songwriter Peter Hammill's dramatic lyrics and fatalistic delivery. "The Emperor in His War Room" features an excellent, very Fripp-y guitar solo from Mr. Robert Fripp.

Track listing:
1. Killer
2. House with No Door
3. The Emperor in His War Room
4. Lost
5. Pioneers Over C

Standing in the space that holds the silent lace of night away from you
You think that you can hold the searing, molten gold between your fingers

5 comments:

  1. ¡Mil gracias por subirlo!
    ¡Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's asking for a password? You mind letting me know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird, I've never password protected any of these files. Probably has something to do with sendspace sucking, which is why I don't use it anymore. Just moved the file to Zippyzhare, should work fine now.

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite Progressive Rock bands of all time. I'm a big Prog dude. I love all the classic/essentials like Yes, Genesis, ELP, King Crimson, Etc... But so many of these so called Prog fans never discover anything beyond that. It makes me feel really sorry for them cause they are seriously missing out. Van der Graaf Generator not only hold their own against the more recognized bands, But they are their own. Nothing like it. While we are on the subject of Prog-Rock, If you ever come across a copy of Fireballet - Night on Bald Mountain from 1975, Do NOT hesitate. And please upload it!!! My ex GF made off with my copy and I haven't been able to find it since. It's on a label called Passport. Has some great classical music reworked into it and it's pretty forward thinking overall. But anyways, Thanks for this one. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I found a rip of Night on Bald Mountain. Haven't listened to it yet but it definitely seems like something I'll like, so here's a DL link as a thank-you for the recommendation: https://www120.zippyshare.com/v/H5g3yPgm/file.html

      Delete