Sunday, April 20, 2014

Christine Perfect - Christine Perfect (1974)


Shortly before joining Fleetwood Mac, Christine McVie, assuming the moniker Christine Perfect, recorded and released her first solo album. While its blues- and soul-tinged rock sound isn't terribly unique, the songs are all quite well written and performed, and regardless, McVie's melancholic, soulful vocals could elevate to greatness even the most tepid of songs. Highly recommended to any fans of Fleetwood Mac or 70s rock in general.

Track listing:
1. Crazy 'Bout You Baby
2. I'm on My Way
3. Let Me Go
4. Wait and See
5. Close to Me
6. I'd Rather Go Blind
7. When You Say
8. And That's Saying a Lot
9. No Road Is the Right Road
10. For You
11. I'm Too Far Gone [Bonus]
12. I Want You [Bonus]

I would rather go blind, boy
Than to see you walk away from me

1 comment:

  1. Good call, thanks for the post. I didn't know about this part of her career. Though I'm not a fan of the Mac or mainstream stuff in general, I'm always interested in the backstories and fringes of mainstream artist careers. Good songwriting is good songwriting wherever and however one finds it.

    ReplyDelete