Monday, February 24, 2014

Al Gromer Khan - Divan I Khas (Visions of a Mogul Prince) (1984)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
Al Gromer Khan - Utopia (1993) + Attar (1996)

Y'all. School just blew the fuck up in my face. Due to overconsumption of coffee and a bit of Adderall, I may actually be turning into an unfeeling, essay-writing machine. But I'm done for the day, so I'm off to the gym to blow off some steam, after which I will fall face-first into this beckoning, pillowy cloud of sitar, drum machines, and dated synths.

Track listing:
1. Visions Of Vilayat Khan
2. Hirubilal (Part 1)
3. Piz Pakiza
4. The Anahat Syndrome
5. Barhat Anga
6. Hirubilal (Part 2)
7. Zuban
8. Oiram Qarz

After the crash

4 comments:

  1. Massive. A gorgeous come down that drifts through like an Eastern echo of Tinariwen. Monster post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very hard to find release and one of the few beautiful and un-crystallized new age albums that everyone should own. Al is the penultimate mellow sitar player bar none!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a small notion of gratitude: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please this LP album
    Al Gromer Khan - zuban
    Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete