Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Loren Auerbach & Bert Jansch - After the Long Night (1985)


Haunting folk rock from the potent duo of Loren Auerbach and Bert Jansch, who later married, and eventually died of cancer within two months of each other. Five songs and just under half an hour of breathtaking, melancholic beauty.

Track listing:
1. The Rainbow Man
2. Frozen Beauty
3. Christabel
4. So Lonely
5. Journey of the Moon Through Sorrow

They've got so many prison bars in their head

Similar sounds:
Bridget St John -
Ask Me No Questions (1969)
Mossy Davidson -
Northwind Calling (1977)

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe there are no comments on this one! I thought this was fantastic, and I'm blown away that I didn't know about it before. Quite frankly we don't deserve you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Re: no comments: you and me both! Maybe I don't post enough folk? I blame myself.

      Delete
  2. Muchas gracias por compartir esta maravilla.

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, DS, Any chance you have PTARMIGAN's s/t 1974 LP? Would not trouble you, but only link is FLAC, which I can't do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, as always, for the great blog.

    Best,

    nk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, DS, You probably forgot about it, but any chance you have PTARMIGAN's s/t 1974 lp?

      Thanks & best,
      nk

      Delete
    2. Hey, DS, You probably forgot, but any chance you've got PTARMIGAN's (Canadian prog folk)
      s/t 1974 lp? Big thing a few years ago, but can't any find existing links. Sorry to pester you.

      Thanks,

      nk

      Delete
    3. Hey, so sorry to leave you hanging. I was thinking that I'd just bust out a whole Ptarmigan post but I don't seem to be getting around to it, so in case you haven't found it elsewhere, here's a link:
      https://mega.nz/#!GcBRyChK!5nWE7Vgg7nc1iVKHvb5iRvZyr4bpWXqjwEDBRtq-75E

      Delete
  4. Thanks very much! Didn't know about this one and I'm a major Jansch fan.

    ReplyDelete