Thursday, February 28, 2019

Skin Yard - Hallowed Ground (1988)


OG Seattle grunge. Hallowed Ground treads in the same psychedelic waters as early Soundgarden, but they're overall looser and more abrasive -- not to mention bizarre.

Track listing:
1. Stranger
2. Open Fist
3. G.O.D.
4. Needle Tree
5. Burn
6. Hallowed Ground
7. In the Blackhouse
8. Throb
9. OP4

Don't you know they all are dead?

Also listen to:
Alice Donut - The Untidy Suicides
of Your Degenerate Children
(1992)
Fatso Jetson -
Stinky Little Gods (1995)

6 comments:

  1. I remember this one, on the mighty Toxic Shock label,I agree, grunge,but different, or as the description on the only Sub Pop 7"they recorded, "Bruce Pavitt trips on bad acid and listens to music he hates", and thank you for not mentioning the "Famous producer" bass player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left a comment,I didn't know they are held for review, it's an inside joke about a sticker that someone decided to put on the vinyl sleeve, I'm in Portland, it might not make that much sense(or known about)all these years later, I'll explain if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First 2 Skin Yards are great. Rhythm section was the best thing to happen to Helios Creed since Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice thanks. Do you have the nudeswirl album from 1989?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Album. The only thing from Skin Yard I ever really got into, but I really dig it.

    ReplyDelete