Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Death Ride '69 - Death Ride '69 (1989)


Murky, slow-burning, druggy goth-rock. Hypnotic, tom-heavy drums, distant, acid-drenched guitars, and male-and-female vocalists whose not-really-sung deliveries often bring to mind Sonic Youth. That's a lot of hyphens.

Track listing:
1. Elvis Christ
2. Mescalito
3. State of Decay
4. Sex Drive '68
5. Crash & Burn
6. Green Gel Blue
7. God Tab
8. 1969
9. Chains of Abuse
10. State of Decay (Alternate Mix)

I can't believe what I did last night

If you like this, you should try:
Virgin Prunes -
... If I Die, I Die (1982)
Alien Sex Fiend -
"It" The Album (1986)

6 comments:

  1. Holy shit I've been looking for this for years! I love pretty much anything that Flipside put out. One thing I ask of you - Can you upload this on a different provider? For some reason Mega stopped working for me about a month ago. Thanx as always for all the great music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/vxYy7R2S/file.html

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Don't know what happened with Mega. Downloaded stuff on there forever now all of a sudden nothing load. SMH.

      Delete
  2. Even the name of the band reveals an admiration for Sonic Youth (Death Ride '69 / Death Valley '69)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I saw Sonic Youth they closed with that and I still get goosebumps just thinking about it

      Delete
  3. Listened to this tonight and dug it. Wikipedia says Death Ride ‘69 had another EP (Red Sea (Little Sister, 1989) and an album (Screaming Down the Gravity Well (Fifth Colvmn, 1996). If you can find those and post MEGA links, that would be excellent. Thanks for this one all the same.

    ReplyDelete