Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Khlyst - Chaos Is My Name (2006)


Khlyst was a one-off project formed by James Plotkin of Khanate (duh) and Runhild Gammelsæter, vocalist for the great, short-lived Thorr's Hammer. Musically, it's difficult to pin down with a simple description -- as I am wont to do -- but can be largely summed up by its first two tracks: the deranged burst of cacophonous guitars and vicious, banshee-like shrieks that opens the album, and the eight minutes of cavernous, ghostly dark ambient that follows.

The song names are all Roman numerals, I-VIII, so no need to list 'em out.

A voice means you get cut
Don't you talk
Don't you move

3 comments:

  1. Do you happen to have any O.L.D. albums you could post? Especially "The Musical Dimensions Of Sleastak" and "Formula", can't find them anywhere. -Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both of those records, I'll post them soon.

      Delete
  2. Re-up possible? Love your blog...

    ReplyDelete