Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Nattsvargr - Vinterblod (2010)


Swedish (previously US) black metal. There's no way around it, this is total Transilvanian Hunger-worship. Just nonstop tremolo-picking and blastbeats, with slightly-too-loud rasps. And apparently you fuckers don't like generic black metal as much as I do, as those are the links that are always dying on me, but it's been a staple of my listening for most of my adult life -- not to mention since I started doing this blog four and a half years ago (!) -- so it's anyone's guess as to whether or not I'll stop posting this shit now.

Track listing:
1. Winter's Final Breath
2. Frozen Ritual
3. Under the Cold Moon
4. Beyond the Withering Light
5. In the Eye of Solitude
6. The Dark Awakening
7. Vinterblod

Night of the undead

If you like this, you'll surely like:
Cultus -
A Seat in Valhalla (2004)
Sapthuran -
... In Hatred (2005)

6 comments:

  1. No need to stop...as you hinted you won't. There's a random, miserable soul such as myself here and there that will undoubtedly appreciate the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo...
    Do not Stop Posting this kind of stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, don't ever stop posting this stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog--you post what you damn well like. You've turned me on to a ton of jazz, funk, electronic, drone-shit--AND great metal. Hails and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nah man, your "generic" BM posts are top notch. Found a few absolute gems from your site that probably would have taken years for me to come across

    ReplyDelete