Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Days of the Trumpet Call - I Saw No Temple in the City (2001)


Synth-based, neofolk-y neoclassical. This band may or may not be fucked up, especially depending on your level of tolerance for this type of thing -- for instance, they're associated with Von Thronstahl -- so I'm really hoping none of this German contains socially or politically vile messages. 'Cause musically, it mostly just sounds like a less campy Creepshow soundtrack.

Track listing:
1. Oh Trost der Welt
2. ... I Saw No Temple in the City
3. Die Sehnsucht So Gross (Meine Stunde Ist Noch Nicht Gekommen I)
4. Oh Tiefe Ohne Grund
5. Bereit Zum Fluge in die Sterne
6. In Demut, in Ewigkeit
7. Epilog (Meine Stunde Ist Noch Nicht Gekommen II)

The horseman held a sword

You should also hear:
Die Verbannten Kinder Evas -
Die Verbannten Kinder Evas (1995)
Moon Far Away -
Sator (2000)

2 comments:

  1. Some time ago i've downloaded this one... if memory assist me from Hammerstorm... Righty stuff i presume , i'm not chewing deutsch too!!
    Fuck politics, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will even out just in case they sieg the heil, because I sure am not white and am giving the band a listen. Neofolk is a weird genre.

    ReplyDelete