Sunday, June 8, 2014

Alice Donut - Bucketfulls of Sickness and Horror in an Otherwise Meaningless Life (1989)


It's a beautiful day, I'm stuck inside half-assedly working on a stupid essay for a stupid American history course, and someone in my Facebook feed just posted "My Life Is a Mediocre Piece of Shit", which really resonates with me right now. Jaded, noisy, but strangely melodic punk rock for those times when every little thing in your life is a drag.

1/6/24 update: Listening to this LP and realized that the chorus of "What's in My Head?" -- the signature song of Ty Segall's band Fuzz -- is practically identical to the bridge on "Dorothy". It's not the most uncommon chord progression, and I know these things often happen unintentionally, but goddamn.

Track listing:
1. Lydia's Black Lung
2. Testosterone Gone Wild
3. Sinead O'Connor on TV
4. Dorothy
5. Sky of Bones
6. Egg
7. Consumer Decency
8. My Life Is a Mediocre Piece of Shit
9. Incinerator Heart
10. Buckets, Forks, Pock
11. Demonologist
12. Lisa's Father (Waka Baby)

Pregnant with a fascist baby

3 comments:

  1. Hello, and thank you very much for this. Funny thing when you start to have a look for something and find it on a blog having only been posted a matter of days ago. I shall enjoy hearing this again. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, could you please re-up this one? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete