Sunday, June 22, 2014

Chrysta Bell - This Train (2011)


An album of darkly alluring, hypnotic, Americana-infused dream pop. Yes, it is produced by David Lynch, whose haunted compositions always sound better when fronted by tragic, emotive chanteuses (see also: "Pinky's Dream", "I'm Waiting Here", Julee Cruise's first two records). Really stoked on this one, can't believe it took me so long to hear about it!

Track listing:
1. This Train
2. Right Down to You
3. I Die
4. Swing with Me
5. Angel Star
6. Friday Night Fly
7. Down by Babylon
8. Real Love
9. Bird of Flames
10. Polish Poem
11. The Truth Is

I got a glow on me, baby
Glow on me, baby
When you hold me tight

7 comments:

  1. bloody hell! just heard this just now. also, gearing up fer twin peaks in may?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm as excited as I've ever been for a TV reboot

      Delete
  2. Yep, just landed this side of the atlantic, the whole house is buzzing. Oh yeah, forgot with the buzzing, thanks for the album, wasn't aware of it. Rory. Dublin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it possible to reupload this one? Many thanks in advance !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, got any more chrysta bell albums you could upload? really dig her music.....cheers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her EP Somewhere in the Nowhere (also produced by David Lynch) is probably my favorite thing she's put out. Her self-titled EP is pretty great, too, but it's definitely a step towards wider accessibility. Here are those EPs:
      https://mega.nz/file/GdJRjQAJ#bc4tBm0YxqfCTafZ3Rt9SOATeR7ugZwJ_t7cB4GkK40
      Also, if you haven't seen it, here's the 10/10 music video for Beat the Beat off of Somewhere in the Nowhere:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVFlipgTLDo

      Delete
    2. A bit saloooow I am on such things here in the 808 State. Just discovered s03 of Twin Peaks -- and the presence of Christa Bell. Finally, Lynch delivers the Bobless fire's heat. The vid for Beat the Beat may be the his greatest achievement. No finer inspiration than this chanteuse to get him there.

      Delete