Thursday, December 10, 2015

Milt Jackson - Sunflower (1972)


Gorgeous, sprawling, laid-back pieces led by vibraphonist Milt Jackson (a member of the Modern Jazz Quartet) and filled out by a small orchestra's worth of supporting musicians, including the always-phenomenal Herbie Hancock.

Track listing:
1. For Someone I Love
2. What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life
3. People Make the World Go 'Round
4. Sunflower
5. SKJ

A sky filled with feathers

You might also like:

Freddie Hubbard -
First Light (1971)
Bennie Maupin -
The Jewel in the Lotus (1974)

7 comments:

  1. I've been checking in on your blog for a while. I just want to thank you for sharing all this great music. Your eclecticism and open-mindedness makes your blog the closest thing an old fart like me has to the glory days of the John Peel show. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard this album but finding myself increasingly drawn to the CTi stuff that I used to hate. This is bloody gorgeous, so thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great timing with this one, at least I can listen to it and feel a bit summery inside - even if its just hit zero degrees outside! Love the cover of this album as well - can't go wrong with my favourite bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it be possible to have an updated link, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the re-up! I'm so excited to hear this!

      Delete