Sunday, April 30, 2017

Saleeha - Chase the Spirit (2016)


Haunting, guitar-based drone from Vancouver, BC. Slow-building waves of tremolo-picked guitars, (mostly) wordless, angelic vocals, chiming piano, and screeching feedback. Free/name your price via bandcamp.

On a semi-related note: I'm genuinely surprised at how many emails I've been getting since I posted my contact info. Haven't been able to read all of them yet, but some of y'all are making great fucking music, and I'm way into getting all these recommendations, so keep 'em coming! (Sorry if you've send me something and I haven't gotten back to you -- as anyone who knows me could tell you, I am truly terrible at responding to texts and emails.)

Track listing:
1. Gone Beyond
2. Chase the Spirit

On and on

You should also check out:
Set Fire to Flames -
Sings Reign Rebuilder (2001)
Ricardo Donoso -
Deterrence (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment