Monday, June 26, 2017

The Feeling of Love - Reward Your Grace (2013)


Woozy, shoegaze-y French garage. Between keyboards and two guitars, there's a great deal of complimentary textural contrast, an effect that's heightened by their tendency to be ever-so-slightly out-of-tune. Bought this LP right after it came out based on the artwork and the fact that it referenced both Nico ("Reward your grace" is a line from her achingly beautiful "Afraid") and Julee Cruise.

Track listing:
1. Julee Cruise
2. I Could Be Better Than You But I Won't Wanna Change
3. Girl, Your Mother Is Your Best Friend
4. I'm Leaving You Today
5. I Want You (Just Like an Ambulance)
6. Mostly Pet Semen Unit
7. Castration's Fields
8. Jealous Guy
9. You're My Lullaby
10. I Want to Be the Last Song You Hear Before You Die

Cease to know or to tell or to see or to be your own

If you enjoy this, try:
Night Shadow -
The Square Root of Two (1968)
Mind Spiders -
Meltdown (2012)

2 comments:

  1. C'est le meilleur album de ce groupe, je l'ai acheté dès sa sortie.
    Bravo pour le partage, et bonne continuation !

    Fred, Créteil, France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, can you reup please ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete