Thursday, April 12, 2018

AIR - Music for Museum (2014)


Gorgeous ambient instrumentals by French duo AIR. Recorded as part of an exhibit in the Palais des Beaux-Arts de Lille, Music for Museum is a positively sublime album -- easily my favorite of theirs since Talkie Walkie -- and since it's thus far only been released in a one-time vinyl pressing of a thousand copies, I'd pretty much be in dereliction of duty if I failed to post it here.

Track listing:
1. Land Me
2. Reverse Bubble
3. The Dream of Yi
4. Angel Palace
5. Art Tatoo
6. Kiss Volcano
7. Integration Disintegration
8. Octogum
9. North Cloud

How does it make you feel?

Also listen to:
Andy Partridge & Harold Budd -
Through the Hill (1994)
Borden, Ferraro, Godin, Halo, Lopatin -
FRKWYS 7 (2011)

4 comments:

  1. Wow again fell over my seat! I had no idea Air made an ambient album! Thanks so much for the music! Btw this one Borden, Ferraro, Godin, Halo, Lopatin - I own on disc and its excellent listening material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tough to beat these guys at this game all right. Hearty thanks for posting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited to hear this, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a big surprise that puts a huge smile on my face -
    Can't believe I slept on this!!!
    Sooo killer!!!!
    A million thanks DEAR_SPIRIT :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete