Friday, April 20, 2018

Yob - Cathasis (2003)


Perfect, god-level psychedelic doom. A massive, riff-powered trip through a black hole and into the great beyond. Catharsis was the first Yob album I ever heard, and, all these years later, it remains not just my favorite of theirs, but one of my absolutely favorite doom metal records, period. I'm aware that everyone already knows this band, so I will be using the fact that they're gearing up to release a new album as my excuse for talking about their (already well-covered) back catalogue.

Track listing:
1. Aeons
2. Ether
3. Catharsis

10 billion eyes
Yet only one sees


You should also listen to:
Cathedral -
Supernatural Birth Machine (1996)
Boris -
Amplifier Worship (1998)

3 comments:

  1. I have spent years looking for age eternal by middian do u have any idea where it can be found to download

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay, haven't been on here as much: https://mega.nz/#!rF4DiA6R!HLdlwQ0Wk5gMlN20beJYrBJ78hw2MRMtMRkAbTvGMt0

      Delete