Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Feign - False Hope (2012)


Alright, fuckers. This is the only kind of music that's been assaulting my earballs for the past couple of weeks, so until I get over it,  you're gonna get a whole lot of chuggy breakdowns, dissonant breakdowns, and breakdowns. As far as my goal of alienating every single one of my readers goes, deathcore's pretty much perfect: jazz/new age/whateverthefuckelseIpost fans will simply ignore it, as they do all of my posts about heavy music, while most metalheads will be sent into a hopeless tailspin of butt agony that will end in comparisons to Whitechapel and Meshuggah.

So yeah. Feign. They're from Houston, TX, and they play what the kids hilariously seem to be calling downtempo (word, so it sounds like Dido, right?), meaning that it's sludgy, djent-y deathcore. And, it's some of the best I've heard. Here's their Facebook, and here's their bandcamp.

Track listing:
1. Threnody
2. Fiend
3. Fractures
4. Retribution
5. Solitude
6. Recollections of the Less Fortunate

As far as I can see, everyone is my fucking enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment