Saturday, January 4, 2014

Fleshcrawl - Descend into the Absurd (1992)


Murky, doom-ridden old school German death metal. Caveman riffs, reverb-heavy production, disgusted vocals. If you've only heard their later, more melodic/generic material, let me assure you -- Descend into the Absurd is first-rate stuff.

Track listing:
1. Between Shadows They Crawl
2. Phrenetic Tendencies
3. Perpetual Dawn
4. Purulent Bowel Erosion
5. Lost in a Grave
6. Never to Die Again
7. Festering Flesh
8. Infected Subconscious
9. Evoke the Excess

The chambers of incineration

7 comments:

  1. Meh. But I am more into Swedish death metal, although it''s repeating itself like it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I dig it. It's not groundbreaking, but if you're a sucker for this sound like I am, it's gold. I like their second album a lot, too, consider checking that out!

      Delete
  2. I will, I will... :-) Just did

    Made of Flesh has that old skool Entombed sound, same studio?

    One of the biggest problems Dmetal musicians have is their total lack of a sense of humour, I get bored with the albums after 2 songs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you, my friend don't understand death metal.

      Delete
  3. People are still fighting for Swedish,Finnish,us DM? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we get a reupload on this one? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to determine if Fleshcrawl's fourth album Bloodred Massacre falls into the melodic/generic category. I hope not because I like it even more than the previous Bloodsoul. Perhaps it's on the fringe.
    A great example of full-blown generic melodic is Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God. That stuff is so melodic it's poppy.

    ReplyDelete